These make a good healthy alternative to deep-fried chips, I’ve used them a lot with various fish dishes like grilled whole trout or steamed fish, I’ve also used these with burgers and grilled chicken breast.
You’ll probably need a large potato for each person, each potato can produce up to 8 wedges.
- Put a pan of water on to boil.
- Make wedges – cut the potatoes into segments by quartering lengthways then halving those again. Don’t worry about being accurate because they look better if they’re rustic in nature. Small potatoes do just as well if you want to make lots of smaller wedges. Also you don’t have to peel them, just give them a good scrub to clean them.
- Pre-heat your oven to a fairly hot oven Gas 6/204 C/400 F (make allowances for your own oven temperature, fan ovens, etc.)
- Par-boil the wedges for about 5 minutes to soften them a little, the outside will crisp up in the oven and the potato will absorb the flavouring better.
- Grab some Cajun seasoning or a mix of chilli powder, turmeric, cumin and paprika (or cayenne pepper in place of paprika depending on how much of a kick you want)
- Mix the seasoning with some oil or butter in a bowl – to allow it to bind to the potatoes and to create a nice crispy skin
- Dry off the par-boiled wedges with some tissue paper or a kitchen towel.
- Place the wedges into the mix and give them a good coating.
- Put the wedges on a baking tray
- Cook for about 20 to 25 minutes until the skin is nice and crispy
- Crispy Potato Wedges (riosambarecipes.wordpress.com)
- Betty’s Deep-Fried Potato Wedges Recipe (thecookingchannel.wordpress.com)
- PAPRIKA POTATO SAUSAGE STEW – Kolbászos Paprikás Krumpli (hothungariancooking.wordpress.com)
- Roasted Potatoe Fries Recipe (circleoffood.com)
- Samia’s Spicey Secret (keithsquires.wordpress.com)
- From crisp to spicy, potato skins make for tasty meals (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Parmesan Potato Wedges with Lemon Thyme Aioli (waltzinginthekitchen.wordpress.com)
- Projects ” How-To’s ” Awesome Potato Wedges (cutoutandkeep.net)
- Turn hefty appetizer into tasty meal (knoxnews.com)
- Sweet Potato Frites (veganmassacre.wordpress.com)