I love chicken, you can cook it in so many ways and it’s used in so many cuisines. I’m usually putting it into curries, fajitas or stir-fry and serve it with rice, pasta or potatoes but when I’m not making a large meal out of it I’m making a sandwich.
To make this all you need is a couple of chicken breasts, something to fill them with and some bacon to wrap it all up. If you want to you can top it with a little grated cheese near the end of the cooking, coloured cheddar is a good choice.
- Slice the chicken breast down the middle but don’t cut all the way through as you only need to make a pocket for the stuffing. If you can’t make a pocket in it then just slice it in two leaving one edge intact to allow you to open the breast out and fold it back over later.
- Prepare your stuffing using a selection from
- garlic, butter and herbs
- chopped mushrooms and onions lightly fried in soy sauce (serve with rice)
- chopped peppers, spring onions and herbs cooked or drizzled in olive oil
- selection of cheeses
Once cooked remove it from the oven and either serve as whole portions or cut it into slices. You can use it for sandwiches when sliced cold or serve it with some pasta and a white or mushroom sauce.
- Spring Herb Chicken Breast (charcoalchuckers.wordpress.com)
- Mediterranean-style chicken (charlotte.news14.com)
- Chicken wraps (fishchipsandmushypeas.wordpress.com)
- Italian Marinated Chicken Breast w/… (beatcancer2010.wordpress.com)
- Food, Glorious Food #2: Some Recipes (myconflictedself.wordpress.com)
- Recipes for chicken qourt on blue (wiki.answers.com)
- What can you make for dinner tonight with boneless skinless chicken breast (wiki.answers.com)
- Bruschetta Chicken (thatszogood.wordpress.com)
- Olive and Mushroom Stuffed Chicken fajita- a quickie meal for a busy day.. (anzzcafe.wordpress.com)
- Shrimp & Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken (jsprat.wordpress.com)
- Garlic mushroom & chicken bake (kaijunkie.wordpress.com)
- Slow-Cooking Chicken Curry the America’s Test Kitchen Way (zulkey.com)